An ex-student of New College called Richard Priestley is running a Prince of Wales project that involves a 5 month sailing trip starting in November 2018. This may interest Year 12 students thinking about a gap year prior to university with an interest in adventure!
Please note that there is a cost. (However, there will be a £1,000 student discount) Please see below for further information.
Please visit the Year Out section of the Careers website for numerous ideas about what you can do for 12 months prior to going to university.
What is the Deloitte Scholars Scheme?
There are a number of elements to the Scholars Scheme. In summary, you will benefit from:
- A 30-week paid placement in a UK office starting in August/September
- A £1,500 bursary to go travelling after the placement and before university
- A minimum of four weeks of additional paid placements each academic year
- A £1,500 annual bursary each academic year
- The opportunity to work alongside our marketing team at your university campus
- Exemption from our first interview stage if you decide to apply to Deloitte as a graduate
- Possible accelerated promotion if you join Deloitte as a graduate
- Technical experience that may count towards the ICAEW ACA qualification
Joining the Deloitte Scholar Scheme neither obliges you to join Deloitte on graduation from university, nor means that you are guaranteed a graduate job if you decide to apply. However, they hope most scholars will decide to join them full time and be successful in securing a place on the Graduate Scheme.
All applicants must have a strong set of GCSE (or equivalent) results with a minimum of grade B in Maths and C in English Language.
UCAS tariff point requirement is a minimum of 320, which is based on your top three A-Level grades at first sitting (excluding General Studies). This is equivalent to an A and 2 B’s.
All applicants must be applying to UK Universities.
Please see for further details http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/schools/scholar-scheme