Location: Constituency office, Queen Street, Morley, Leeds.
Hours: 40 hours per week. Depending on age this role may include working on the occasional Saturday with time off in lieu.
Salary: In line with the current minimum wage rate for an apprentice.
This 12 month apprenticeship scheme combines ‘on the job’ training, working for Andrea Jenkyns MP in her constituency office, with a formal qualification in Business & Administration.
The successful candidate will work in an office assistant role and will be entitled to two hours study time a week to carry out your study towards a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration qualification.
To play an important support role within the MP’s constituency office. Completing a course of study and obtaining work related professional qualification. You must have a keen interest in politics and a can-do attitude. Roles & responsibilities:
- Dealing with all types of correspondence
- Handling telephone enquiries
- Creating and maintaining information on systems and databases in accordance with data protection laws
- Conducting research on a wide range of issues
- Responding to basic constituent queries
- Assisting with casework
Required abilities and experience:
- Understand the office’s objectives and targets
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail, spelling and grammar with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must have strong initiative and excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and the internet including social media
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C (GCSE certificates will be required).
- GCSE ICT at A*-C desirable but not necessary.
Closing Date: Thursday 27th July
-There will be a written exercise issued Friday 28th which is due in by Monday 31st July
Interviews will take place on the 2nd August, for a target start date of the week commencing 14th August
How to apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. In your covering letter please answer the following questions:
- What are your strengths? (eg Team working, organising etc)
- Why are you a good addition to an MP’s office?
- What sort of issues do you think people write into their MPs about?
- Is there anything we can do to help you at an interview? (eg do you need a signer, information in Braille etc)
- What are your interests and achievements?
- What interests you about working for an MP? (maximum 250 words)
- What are your future career aspirations? (maximum 250 words)
If you have any questions about the role please contact Alex Lancaster on 0207 219 5798.